We're updating this bylaw to align with other City Bylaws and the current BC Building Code
The City of Fort St. John is replacing the outdated Manufactured Home Development Bylaw No. 1568, 2001, which regulates the development of mobile or manufactured home parks within the City. The Manufactured Home Development Bylaw No. 1568, 2001 was brought into force in 2001. Since then the City has grown, changed and updated many other bylaws and policies. Over time existing bylaws need to be updated or sometimes replaced to make sure they remain current and are in line with Council’s vision, City bylaws and policies and provincial legislation. In order for this bylaw to remain current some big changes were required, therefore a new bylaw has been created to replace the old one.
The BC Building Code now defines all manufactured or mobile homes as ‘Factory Built House’. Based on this, the new bylaw is named Factory-Built House Park Bylaw No. 2412, 2019.
Overview of the Changes
Some of the big changes to the bylaw include:
- Renaming of the bylaw to Factory-Built House Park Bylaw No. 2412, 2019 to align with the BC Building Code;
- Reorganization of the bylaw to follow the City’s standard bylaw template;
- Most definitions have been removed as they can be found within the City’s Zoning Bylaw;
- Parking and Recreation and Open Space Section have been removed as those regulations can be found within the City’s Zoning Bylaw;
- Part D: Manufactured Home Development Servicing and Safety Standards was removed and now refers to the City’s Subdivision and Development Servicing Bylaw which governs the development of streets, roadways, driveways and water, sewer and storm servicing requirements;
- A new application form and checklist have been created for any applications to develop a new Factory-Built House Park or modify an existing one within the City.
View the current Manufactured Home Development Bylaw No. 1568, 2001.
- After the Public Open House on April 1, 2019, staff will review all comments and concerns received and draft a report to Council.
- Staff are anticipating bringing the bylaw to Council on April 23, 2019 at the Regular Council Meeting.
- Should Council give the bylaw 1st, 2nd & 3rd Readings, a final report will be prepared for Council’s consideration on May 13, 2019.
Public Open House
Come have a coffee and talk to staff about the bylaw and proposed changes. We will be happy to answer any questions and will be taking notes on any concerns received.
When: Monday, April 1, 2019, from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Where: Upstairs Meeting Room at the Pomeroy Sport Centre, 9324 96 St. Fort St. John, BC V1J 0H6
What if I can’t make it?:
If you are unable to attend the Public Open House but want to provide your comments on the bylaw, please contact:
Planner I, City of Fort St. John
250 787 8150